Call me crazy, but I have never minded going to the Doctor or even the Dentist. I have enjoyed it actually now that I am pregnant. I love going in and seeing how he has grown and hearing his little heartbeat. Who knew something so small could be so wonderful.
Well today was not a fun doctor visit. I have had a relatively easy pregnancy...trust me I know how much of a blessing that is!! Today I went in to have my glucose screening and just a regular check up. Apparently one of the fun side affects of drinking the sugar solution is that it makes the baby kick like crazy on a sugar rush...or it is supposed to. Our little one only kicked one time the whole time I was at the office. Being that this is my first baby I didn't know that I should feel him move everyday. Well the doctors are all concerned because when they asked me I told them that some days he won't move at all and then others he will kick. Well who knew this would send them into a tizzy. I immediately got hooked up to the heart monitor which showed his heart rate is all over the place; and now have to take it easy and count kicks till our next appointment. Of course they tell you not to worry right before they tell you ...now if you don't feel him kick all day you need to get to a hospital ASAP. How can you not worry after hearing that!
I am trying very hard not to worry. Everytime I feel even the tiny flutters it calms me, but I just would like to ask for prayers to get this little guy moving more. I can't believe I am asking for people to pray that I get kicked, but we need them. I am thinking (all of your mothers out there can tell me if this logic is accurate) that if it was serious they would have sent me to the hospital or kept me there at the clinic. Please tell me I am right in thinking this!! I could use the reassurance now!
Friday, March 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
I am sure he is fine and that everything will be okay! For sure, my babies have all been more active some day than others. And a lot of times, if you are up and moving around, you might not notice the times that he is moving. Don't stress about it!
I agree though I would tell you first and foremost to follow your gut. If you are worried there is nothing wrong with making sure. We were in the hospital five times before Elliot actually came. some due to lack of movement. At the time I felt crazy, but the nurses would tell me "your his mom and suppose to do what you think is best." Now, I have no regrets for "knowing" that he was safe. We will pray, though.
You're in our prayers! I'm sure Lil' Frankie JR. Is A-OKAY! Tanner wasn't much of a mover either. Even when he was born he didn't smile for the longest time. Now he is the biggest joker ever! I'm sure things will be fine. And Yes to answer your questions, if they thought anything was seriously wrong then I think they would've done an immediate ultra sound and sent you to the hospital to stay monitored. Always go with your gut! You are the mom and you know best! We love you!
Your little boy will be in our prayers! I am very sure you will feel him more as you progress in your pregnancy. There are also days when you feel him more than other days. I'll say get as much rest as you can when you can. Your little one will appreciate it as well : )
Hi Sam,
Thanks for the sweet comments! sorry I can't keep up with all of 'em..you are so sweet. Thanks for your kind words. I feel better, but still walk a lil' bit slower than normal. I heard it takes atleast 6 weeks to recover. I am getting so impatient at times coz it' only been 2 weeks for me. I can't wait to got to church and get back to my routine. I miss everyone! btw..how are you feeling these days? I hope you are getting some rest as well. Let me know what your little guy is up to! take care.
Post a Comment