So I have been trying to research baby products lately. Trying to be ahead of the game and make sure that we get the products of the best quality and safety for our money so that they will last through more than just one baby. I have to tell ya though...MY HEAD IS SWIMMMING!!!! There is so much info out there!!!! I know that I am over thinking this, but I really want to make sure we don't end up with junk or things that we really could make due without. SOOOOOO......I was hoping that you more "experienced" mommies out there could offer some advice. Please let me know what products and things you have or had that made your life easier and lasted. From the smallest things like pacifires and bottles to Strollers and Pack n plays. Any advice would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. I know we are getting into this really really early, but Frank and I want to get things a little at a time so the cost doesn't give us a larger heart attack than is necessary. Always better to be prepared! :) Thanks for your help ladies!!!!






5 comments:
I prefer to get things from Europe- they're more expensive, but they are built to last and are SAFER (people will tell you they haven't been tested/not rated for here and it's because they usually surpass our ratings) than most American products. Plus, they just have more style. My dad calls me an earth mother so 90% of what's out there I think is junk, so if you decide that's what you are, I can help you out tons!
Let me tell u I did the same!! I've got 6 boxes that I've got together to send you and they include everything from Mommy books(breast feeding, product buying etc, to toys bottles all kinds of stuff. HELP IS ON THE WAY BABYGIRL!
I always used silicone nipples for their bottles and pacifiers. They seem to last longer. If you are breastfeeding I would recommend getting a nursing pillow. Mine was a Bobby, but I think any brand would work.Things hold up better than you think. With my four kids I didn't really have a problem with things wearing out. I think most of the things I bought were Graco. Most of the time that expensive crap is just that.. crap that you pay more money for.
i have lots of suggestions. . . i'll send you an email on FB so i don't overwhelm you here!
I have found that the best way to save money, isn't the most popular. The reality is that every child is different. Evan hated bouncers and Elliot hated the swing. Both of which run $50+ if you get the good ones. Both hated Baby Carriers and slings. That's money we wished we had saved for diapers.
My advice would be to borrow and see what your child likes. That way, it is not a waste of money or space.
Like I said not the popular answer, but it is what I have learned.
Post a Comment