Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving....


This Thanksgiving is the first Thanksgiving in a long time that I have sooooo much to be thankful for that I just don't know where to start....so here are the top ten:

1. I am so Thankful for my wonderful Husband. He is so patient, loving and makes me laugh everyday. He is truly my best friend and I can't remember life without him. I can't wait to see what the future brings with him.


2. Our baby. I don't know why Heavenly Father has be so generous as to entrust us with such a special little person to teach and love, but I am so unbelievably thankful for the opportunity to be a mother! What an amazing gift!


3. Our families, even though we never see them...and in some cases are still getting to know them....I love everything about them and how different they all are. They each bring something special to our lives. I think that is the best part of marriage...all the new family you get!




4. Friendship. Even though most of our very very dear friends live far away and spread all over the world and some are no longer with us, we are so blessed with wonderful friends. I think that I have some of the best friends you can have...the kind that forgive you when you never write or call and when you finally do you pick up right where you left off. That is a great friend :) You know who you are!



5. The military....I know I know it is a strange thing to have on my top ten, but I personally think it should be on everyones!!!!!!!! They go away from their families for months sometimes years on end, they work 24/7 in the worst conditions you can imagine, they see and do things that you would never wish on your worst enemy and get treated like crap for it when they come home. If you see a uniform you should get on your hands and knees and kiss the ground they walk on because they are brave enough to do what you couldn't. I love each and everyone of them like they were my brother or sister and am so thankful for their sacrafice. I am proud to have served and to have a husband serving now!


6. I am thankful for my Heavenly Father who asks so little and does so much. I really should let him know how appreciative I am more often!


7. I thankful that I was born in America, and hope that one day all the world can have the same freedoms that most Americans take for granted. I will work everyday with our children to make sure that they never forget how fortunate they are to have running water in the house, toys to play with, school to attend etc...


8. I am thankful to be an educated woman when so many women aren't even allowed to learn to read. To take classes, to learn new things, to spend an afternoon reading...all of this reminds me of all the women who simply aren't allowed by laws, tradition, religion, or family.


9. I am thankful to my new Ward family here. The Cape Henry ward has been so much more than just church. They have been my friends, my family, and helped me realize talents I never knew I had. I just love those folks!!


10. I am thankful for the holiday of Thanksgiving because it forces us to take a moment out of busy lives and remember all that we have that is important!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! We hope you are as happy and blessed as we are!

2 comments:

Jen said...

HAppy belated Thanksgiving! We missed you guys in Robbins! Hope all is going well! Be sure to let me know the sex of the baby as soon as you find out....I'm thinking it's gonna be a girl!

dena4kids said...

Happy Late Thanksgiving!!I love your top ten! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!